Friday, June 7, 2013

Chicken with Lemon and Ginger Sauce

Chicken with Lemon and Ginger Sauce
Another chicken dish. When I was not yet allergic to chicken, I loved cooking with chicken breast fillets. I heard it's healthy and it really cooks fast. I also love the taste of ginger and lemon (I love the tea as well). I thought of this dish while walking through the condiments aisle of a supermarket. I saw the instant lemon sauce and then my hand just took one and placed it on my cart. When I got home, I thought that using lemon sauce alone is quite plain so I decided to use peppercorns and ginger.


Ingredients used:
  • chicken breast fillet cut into 1 inch strips
  • egg, beaten and seasoned with salt
  • Japanese breadcrumbs ( I used this because I love the texture it gives after it is cooked)
  • cooking oil
  • Lemon Sauce (I used the Lee Kum Kee brand)
  • ginger, julienned
  • peppercorns
  • salt


What I did:
I dipped the chicken breast fillets in a bowl containing the beaten egg. Then, I coated it with Japanese breadcrumbs. If you want to add more flavor, you can season your Japanese breadcrumbs with a sprinkle of paprika or chili powder. Deep fry the chicken fillets until they're light golden brown. It's easy to overcook so you really have to be careful when cooking them. In a separate pan, saute the ginger until its aroma is released then add the lemon sauce and peppercorns. Turn down the heat and add the chicken strips that you previously fried. Season it and you're done. Really easy, right?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...