Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Herby Adobo


Herby Adobo
Adobo is one of the dishes that I like cooking not just because it is tasty but because it is easy to cook and it stores longer than other dishes.
I'm currently trying to manage my time well between work, school and social life so I need to be creative and resourceful with my meals. I need to make sure that my meals are still healthy. So probably in the next few posts, I'll be posting most of  the dishes I'll be preparing for my self as well.

Ingredients used:
  • Pork, cut into small cubes
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Thyme ( I used this instead of bay leaves coz I ran out of bay leaves :D)
  • cooking oil
  • peppercorns
  • Vinegar
  • Soy sauce

What I did:
I sauteed the onions then added the garlic. Then, I turned the heat up and added the pork. When the pork's color changed into a lighter color, I added some water and peppercorns. After that, I just turned the heat down. Next, I let it simmer for a while and added the soy sauce, vinegar and thyme. I usually use a ratio of 3:1. Three parts soy sauce to one part of vinegar. If you want your pork to be really tender, let it simmer for 10-15 more minutes over low heat.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...