Saturday, June 1, 2013

Chicken with Celery and Pistachios

My first post! ^_^ I decided to make this blog because I saw loads of pictures of the food experiments that I've done and I wanted to share them. I'm a picky eater, mostly because of my food allergies, but that doesn't mean I can't be a foodie, right?
Way back 2011, I wasn't allergic to chicken yet so this post is to reminisce those days when I enjoyed eating chicken without having to worry about being rushed to the hospital! :D

This experiment, which I did in the last quarter of 2011, was because I had lots of pistachios and I didn't know what to do with them. I bought them when my Besty and I went to  Mercato Centrale at Bonifacio Global City in Manila. I had a great time bonding with my best-friend catching up over great food. I love Mercato Centrale and until now I'm wishing that Iloilo City could have something like that soon!

We didn't want to just eat the pistachios on its own so my Mom and I decided to cook them. We used chicken because it was really easy to cook and then the celery because it would enhance the dish with its aroma.



So here are the ingredients we used:
  • Pistachios
  • Chicken breast meat, cubed
  • Celery
  • Garlic, minced
  • Oil for frying
  • Salt and pepper for seasoning

What we did:
We just sauteed the garlic. After that, we added the chicken and sprinkled in some salt and pepper. Once the chicken is a bit cooked, we added the pistachios. Adding a few tablespoons of hot water would help make the nuts a bit tender. Let them simmer over low heat then add the celery (it's better to add them last to avoid overcooking them).

Thanks for spending some of your precious time to read this. I hope you enjoyed reading this first post. I'll be posting another one soon. ^_^

P.S.
If you decide to try and make this dish, feel free to let me know how it turned out by commenting on this post or by sending me a message. ;)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...