Monday, November 4, 2013

Craving much - Siopao, Red Velvet Cupcake, Teren-teren

I can just imagine hearing people say, 'Eew! Carbs!' with the sight of this (lol!). I'm glad I'm one of those who are quite blessed with a very fast metabolism. It has its downsides though. For one, it can get expensive when I eat a lot because I get hungry quicker than usual people. Another disadvantage is that I have the tendency to become a bit of a hyperactive and people around me would have no choice but be on the receiving end of my antics.

To give you a background, I have been craving for siopao, a meat-filled steamed bun, for weeks. The white bun in the middle is the siopao. Now, I did not buy all these in just one store. I purchased the siopao from a local bakeshop chain, Tibiao, in spite of others suggestion that I should get Roberto's. Sadly though, it was enrollment day for me and I did not have much time to go to the downtown part of Iloilo. The siopao craving lasted for more than three weeks. (Yes, it was that bad.)

Since I bought the siopao from Tibiao, I caught sight of Teren-teren. Teren-teren is one of the bestsellers of this bakeshop and it's been a favorite of  mine since I first tasted it when I first got here in Iloilo which was around early 2000. It is simply bread with some sweet filling which is probably a combination of milk, sugar, and butter or perhaps some egg maybe. They are really delicious when warm so I would often request the bakers to reheat them for me which they usually do for most customers anyway.

And to top it all - this lovely red velvet cupcake was just bought on impulse since I was looking for a place to stay with a friend but it was something that I enjoyed. I wasn't really pleased with their red velvet version because it was too sweet for me. So these are all products of a crazy day, don't worry because I didn't really eat a heavy meal after that and I walked home so I can somehow burn what I ate.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...