Monday, November 18, 2013

Japanese Cake

 I'm not a big fan of street food because I have a somehow sensitive stomach. I would occasionally end up having an upset tummy but thankfully I didn't have one when I tried this.

I was in desperate need for a cool place to stay in because the library was closed on that day so I went out of our school and explored around the area. I passed by this stall while I was looking for a place to kill time and study for my Business Statistics homework, Summation Notations. I actually got curious because of the word 'Japanese'. I'm a big fan of their culture so that was partly the reason why I risked trying this one.

The seller cooks it on hot cup-like molds and I think they're sort of frying it and would use sticks to turn them over. They sold it for only Five (5) Pesos each which was reasonable enough, I think. I only bought one because I do not want to risk having a bad tummy in a school day.

Good thing I was able to stop myself from biting into it immediately and so here's a photo of it. The outer part was the part that I enjoyed because of its crispy texture. The whole thing tasted like pancake. I didn't actually eat it on its own but I dropped by the nearest McDonalds and bought a hot fudge sundae. I placed it on the sundae and waited by doing some problem sets first until the cake absorbs the sundae.

It was a really good afternoon and I can say it really made my day.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...