Sunday, August 4, 2013

Eggplant and Tomato Pasta


Eggplant and Tomato Pasta

I've been craving for pasta these past few days but I didn't want to spend too much money and effort in making one so I looked for some recipes online. I came across a recipe for eggplant lasagna but since we don't have an oven in our office dorm, I decided to just make the eggplant and tomato sauce and choose a pasta that's quick and easy to cook. Angel hair is a kind of pasta that is really easy and quick to cook. You just need to cook it for around 3-4 minutes (some brands may require less cooking or a bit more but 3-4 minutes is the average time). Since I wanted a quick-and-easy meal, I cheated a bit and chose an instant pasta sauce.

Ingredients used:
  • eggplants, diced
  • oil (around 4 tablespoons, I used a lot because eggplants tend to soak up a lot of oil)
  • salt
  • pepper
  • Clara OlĂ© Chunky Tomato and Three Cheese
  • angel hair pasta
  • hot water
  • Thyme or Italian Seasoning (Mc Cormick dried and bottled herbs)

What I did:
I sliced the onions into 1/2-inch cubes and sauteed them in oil that I previously heated on a pan. When the onions turned a bit translucent, I added the eggplants and sauteed them a bit. I added a few tablespoons of hot water and let it simmer for a while. Then, I added the pasta sauce. I let it simmer for a bit until the eggplants are thoroughly cooked. I seasoned it with salt, pepper and thyme. You can add a pinch of brown sugar to make it tastier. I set this aside and in another pan, I boiled a liter of hot water, added a tablespoon of salt and a tablespoon of oil.  Bring the water to a roiling boil (this means that the water will not stop boiling even if you stir it). Cook pasta based on the instructions written on its packet. Once it's cooked, serve pasta with the sauce.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...