Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Coconut Lime Squares

Now these are not things that I made myself but as you can see it's from a local restaurant and bakeshop chain here in Iloilo City. I love light flavored pastries and desserts so I prefer them most of the time than chocolate or other rich-flavored ones. I came across this delicious dessert when I had this craving for something sweet. Since their shop is just a few minutes away from my workplace, I decided to check out their desserts. I have decided to buy Buko Royale, which is also one of my favorites, but I got curious with this one. 
Another reason why I chose this is that citrus-based food are my favorite. Also, trying out new food is one of the things that I enjoy doing. In addition to these reasons, they sell these cheap so of course I'd prefer this one. (lol!) I was supposed to take a picture showing the layers but I couldn't resist biting into one so pardon the bitten piece. I gobbled it up quickly but good thing I remembered that I should take one more photo to show the layers.
Anyway, I love that this dessert really tasted of coconut and lime. I could really taste that sweet, creamy, and tangy combination in every bite. The dessert, I think, is composed of three layers, the 'crust' which probably contains butter, the soft and moist lime flavored cake, and the sprinkle of desiccated coconut flakes or powder on top. I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I had writing this.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...